How We Got The Bible
Ever wonder how we got the Bible? As Christians we confess the authority of all of Scripture and use words like inspired or inerrant to describe the text but how does that describe or influence the process in which we received the Bible from the original writings to modern day? Throughout the course of this class we will seek to answer the following questions:
- How have these books been preserved and transmitted to us?
- Who decided what shape the canon should take?
- What criteria influenced these decisions?
- How and when did the books of the Bible originate?
- In what sense are these books different from other books?
- Why do we have so many different translations of the Bible?
Join us on Sundays at 9:30am!