Join us for the annual Chili Cook-off and sample a wide variety of chili as our chefs compete for prizes including ‘Spiciest Chili’, ‘Homegrown’, ‘Traditionalist’, ‘Most Creative’, and of course, the coveted ‘Otto Award’ for overall favorite chili! Not a fan of chili? Come enjoy the fun anyway! There will be many other dishes to choose from, so no one leaves hungry! This fun family event is appropriate for all ages. We will worship together and have our chili cook-off and meal to follow. We invite you to join us Sunday, March 4th at the Oakhaven Church!
9:30am – Bible Classes for all ages
10:30am – Worship Service
w/ Chili Cook-off & meal to follow.
The categories are as follows:
- The Otto Award: this prize goes to the best chili overall
- The Otto Jr. Award: runner-up to the Otto award
- Spiciest Chili Award: goes to the chili with the best mixture of spices
- Homegrown Award: for the chili with the best use of veggies and other local products
- Most Creative Award: goes to the dish that makes best use of unexpected ingredients and international flavors
- Traditionalist Award: for the tastiest chili based on basics like meat, beans, and tomatoes
- Showmanship Award: for the best display and presentation
- The People’s Choice Award: gives all Cookoff attendees the chance to choose their favorite!